Our Queen Anne-style house was built in 1897 as the residence of Anton and Ellen Henderson. Anton Henderson, born in Denmark in 1853 came to America in 1873. By 1883, he was manager of the Victoria Transfer Company. He and his wife Ellen, born in 1862 in Litton, B.C., were married in 1882.
In 1898 Anton headed north to follow the Klondike Gold Rush. He operated a warehouse in Skagway and later a store in Nome. In 1903 Anton Henderson started Tally-Ho, Victoria’s first horse-drawn transportation company. This became a tourist attraction in 1940 and still operates today. Henderson House is now a designated heritage site in the City of Victoria.